Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chocolate Pizza!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a cook.  I cook only out of absolute necessity, never for fun or to try new things.  It just isn't my thing.  My husband is the cook in our household which makes it life very difficult for the kids and I when he works away for 4 and half weeks at a time!

Miss M recently celebrated her 6th Birthday and invited a couple of her little friends over for a Pyjama and Pizza Party.  The Pizza thing was easy to organise - a quick call to the local takeaway shop took care of that.  But then there was the cake.  I have always made my children their Birthday cakes (albeit a bought slab sponge from Woolworths).  I painstakingly decorate and ice them to look exactly the same as the ones in the book and they usually turn out pretty good.  I guess I want them to look back at photos of when they were young and remember the time that Mummy did in fact make something edible in the kitchen!

This year I took an even easier option - the Chocolate Pizza!  In keeping with the Pizza theme of the party I made this:


This would have to be the easiest cake I have EVER made!  All it needs is:

Sponge Flan (store bought of course)
Nutella for the 'sauce'
Mini M&M's
Marshmallows (pink and white cut in half)
Strawberries
Banana
Sprinkles

Put them all together like a regular Pizza and there you have it!  I served it with cream and ice-cream and it was fantastic.  The girls loved it and the best thing was it only took about 5 minutes to make!

Happy Birthday Miss M x

1 comment:

  1. Very clever Mrs Sew and So's - looks great! Simple but very effective!

    ReplyDelete